Post Multiple Ads on Craigslist Secrets

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A long, strange journey - why I've been MIA

Hello,

Over the past 6 days I've had about 10 people ask me if I was
okay. Why? Because they hadn't seen an email from me in
a while :)

The strange thing is I never expected to come so far so quickly.
Recently, I've had tons of people seek me out for personal coaching
and I've done a lot of consulting and services for other people.

The demand has been crazy, and I kind of, sort of, overbooked myself
and have been playing catch up for the last month! Thank god I have
a great assistant like Mary Jo to handle the day to day support
to make sure everyone is getting what they need.

So fear not - I'm okay. I'm just finishing a marathon of personal
coaching and service obligations... And better still in my "spare
time" I have been redesigning a portion of my business.

Now on to some good information that will help at least a few of
you make some real good money in the near future.

Here's what I see happening in 2010 - a move toward more "service
orientated" offers. In years past, it wasn't hard to sell a
$2000 course reasonably well with just a sales letter.

But due to increased competition and the market's decreased FINITE
number of dollars to invest - things are different.

I think those who are going to do real well in 2010 will be the
ones who have some sort of "done for you" service created. So
that's what I've been doing. Slowly assembling my "team" to help
people knock out their major obstacles and stumbling blocks that
keep them from implementing really good information.

I have to admit: I've been very lucky. I've bucked the "guru" trend
every step of the way, and actually it's worked incredibly to my
advantage.

They say you shouldn't sell low ticket items. I did and quickly
built up a $30,000+ a month business. What they don't say is that
the first product someone buys from you is STILL you selling them
something.

What are you selling them? On the fact that you delivered exactly
what you promised and gave them far more value than what they
invested to get it? And if you can satisfy that, when you release
future trainings, people will be more likely to buy because of past
experience than flowery language on a sales letter!

They said that continuity is the magic bullet. It ISN'T - unless you
know how to position it correctly. Thank god those "priced too low"
products I put out gained people's trust enough for several hundred
of them to invest in my (now) $97 gold member coaching program.

I talk to a lot of people in the "inner circle" - you'd know them by
name. And I can tell you this: almost every one of them is saying
their conversions are down.

NOT mine - they're up. So are the clients I've been working with
personally for the most part. It's because we fuel the business with
"completely over valued, underpriced" low ticket items... that are
step by step.... and easy to follow and implement.

The model for 2010 is real simple: Front end offer -> a certain kind
of upsell -> your continuity program... and then "done for you
services" on the back end.

Forget using hypey, bulky sales letters to accomplish this. Instead,
most of the sales letters we write to start new relationships with
clients are 1000 to 1500 words in length! Because it's a small "leap
of faith" for them to try out one of my training programs.

Then, to thank them for making what I consider to be a very WISE
decision to invest in me (I'm biased, what can I say?) I REWARD them
with such an unbelievable TRUE one time offer.

And I tell them that, point blank. Honesty it marketing? Who
would've thought? :)

Okay, so what about continuity? Change your thinking on it. Most
people get into continuity for all the wrong reasons. They think
"wow, I'd love to get paid month after month from my customers..."
That's a terrible mindset.

Instead, I think "I'd love to provide value my clients would happily
pay for month after month." It's a subtle but VERY IMPORTANT
distinction to make.

Because here's the truth. If you're really offering something that
can help someone out - it's your DUTY to make sure that you
continually do JUST THAT.

And here's the cold naked fact: you are not going to positively
change someone's life FOREVER by just giving them one training,
one time. Not for the person who is hungry for that change that
you could provide them.

NO!

That's why you should consider continuity - to provide value in such
a way that you can continually enhance and improve your client's
lives, month after month.

That's how you get wealthy!

Now the thing I just realized, which has led me down the strange
journey and has had me "MIA" lately from emailing you. Some clients
get SOOO close, but they need someone to pull the trigger for them.
If they had a "trigger man", to get them over the initial hump,
they'd be set.

That's where the "done for you" service comes in. I actually felt
bad because in the past we never had a vehicle to help someone get
the exact membership design and layout they wanted. If I had, they'd
been glad to hire me so they could get it done ASAP.

Now don't get me wrong - it's EASY to keep doing things the way
you've always done them. But the true rewards... both in terms of
wealth AND in terms of impact... come when you take it to the this
"final level."

Okay, I've said enough today :) Stay tuned because I will be back
again very soon. I have something that will help you get ready
to make 2010 your best year yet.

Thanks,
Jason "the sequal" Fladlien

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:

https://fladlien.infusionsoft.com/opt?o=0&i=14576&e=768b9b04&m=~BatchId~

Fladlien Productions
2169 Glen Oaks Drive
Coralville, IA 52241
(563) 571-2131

Delivered By Infusionsoft

No comments: