Post Multiple Ads on Craigslist Secrets

Thursday, December 24, 2009

can you help me with mom's xmas present (personal)

hello,

This is a VERY personal message and it's
not related to marketing at all. If you
come to me strictly for marketing advice,
this email will have no value for me and I
suggest you close it now.

This is an email asking your for a very
personal favor. And one of my "faults" is
that I am open with my personal life to a
flaw. But I think do know that for some of
you, helping me out with this favor will
this year's Christmas even more special for
you.

As some of you know, on January 25th of
2009 my brother passed away this year. He
was only 8 and he had a brain tumor that
has a mortality rate of 99.9%. It was the
hardest thing in the world for me to go
through... and even harder on my mom.

You'd think the first 6 months after this
tragedy would be the hardest to deal with.
It actually wasn't. I guess we were still
in a state of awe. The last 5 months have
been harder. And each month has gotten
harder still for us.

I know it will get better for us as time
goes by. But right now some days it's a
challenge to get going. And there are
moments where your heart gets stricken so
deep you feel like nothing in the world
makes sense.

What gets you through this times, and
ultimately makes you a better, stronger
person is the good memories. The wonderful
times you had. To be grateful for those
special moments you got to share - however
fleeting they were.

The night after my brother passed away his
pastor said to me: "Great things will be
done in Ryan's name". And I took it to
heart and made a vow to share his spirit
with the world through my work and the way
I lived my life.

I've made my mom proud of who I've become
and what I've accomplished. Truthfully, if
not for me I don't know if she could've
made it. And honestly, without her I don't
think I could've picked out the pieces
myself.

So a question that's been nagging me the
last few days - what would be the perfect
gift I could give her to make our first
Christmas with Ryan special so we could
remember it forever.

I didn't know. I couldn't sleep the last
few days. I went to bed at midnight last
night and I was up at 4:50 am this morning
thinking about it.

That's when I got this idea. What if I
could SHOW her how I have shared Ryan's
spirit with the rest of the world.

That's where you come in. See, my mom did
a great job in raising me into becoming the
person I am today. And she did even better
with Ryan - hey, it was her second time
around she had more experience :)

So here's what I'd love from you to help
me make the most wonderful gift for my
mother. Could you please reply to this
email and tell us that we are in her
prayers. And if you could, also share with
us some powerful wisdom you've found that
you got you through tough times.

And if you could - if I've influenced in
your life in any way positively - please
share that ... so I could show her how I
have taken Ryan's spirit and shared it with
the world?

I plan on taken these responses and
printing them out, and putting them into a
little book and giving it to her tomorrow.
So if you'd like, please hit reply to this
email and share with us.

And then I want you to do one more thing -
please hug your loved ones and children.
Tell them how much they mean to you and be
thankful you can spend time with them
during this holiday season. Because that's
the most important thing we have in this
world.

Thanks,
Jason "Grateful" Fladlien
To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:

https://fladlien.infusionsoft.com/opt?o=0&i=14576&e=768b9b04&m=~BatchId~

Fladlien Productions
2169 Glen Oaks Drive
Coralville, IA 52241
(563) 571-2131

Delivered By Infusionsoft

No comments: